Thursday, September 13, 2012

China Glaze New Bohemian Collection: No Plain Jane

Today was laaaaaaame.  I cannot tell you how happy I am to be home with my boys and swatching polish after a day like today!  I would have had more than one swatch to post today, but I'm still so sick that I no can brain and forgot that I left my bottle of Adventure Red-y open and spilled it all over the kitchen.  Like literally all over.  The floor, the wooden counter cabinet my grandpa made, and my big cutting board.  I even managed to get it on my arms, chest, and neck.  On top of that, I had to work.  But all that's done now, and I'm home with my men and my polish, and that's all I needed to turn the day around!

So I got my hot little hands on a bottle of No Plain Jane from China Glaze's New Bohemian Collection.  For swatches and reviews of her sisters Deviantly Daring and Swanky Silk, take a look at this.  No Plain Jane is a lightish purple with a pinky gold color shift, but the duochrome is barely noticeable.  Normally I don't really like lighter purples on my skin tone, but I think I could probably get away with this one.  Her formula is really nice.  I did get a little too close to my cuticles and she pooled up a little bit, because like I said, today I has the dumb.  This is two coats over Orly Ridge Filler and no topcoat.

sunlight 

 sunlight

 shade

shade

She would be really pretty under a similarly colored jelly glitter, I think.  Also in a marble with other duochromes.  While I like her, she's not my very first choice from this collection.  You can find China Glaze at Sally's, ULTA, and etailers like Amazon and Head2Toe Beauty.

Here's hoping tomorrow's a better day!  xoxo Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment