Thursday, September 6, 2012

China Glaze New Bohemian Collection: Deviantly Daring and Swanky Silk

So today I have a couple of China Glaze's New Bohemian Collection colors for you.  The girl at my local Sally's let me have my pick of them before she even put them on display!  Deviantly Daring and Swanky Silk are the two that really grabbed me, but I'll prob go back and pick up a few more.  You know, for research purposes.

Swanky Silk is soooo pretty!  She's a peachy gold base with a kind of peachy pinky color shift.  Her warmth means she doesn't make us fair-skinned girls all chalky.  These photos do not do her justice!  Her formula was a little sheer, but she built up super easy.  She's a little brushstrokey, but that's to be expected in a duochrome.  I'm wearing three coats here.

 shade

sunlight

Deviantly Daring is a tealy oceany green.  Again, so pretty!  I can see her duochrome in the bottle, but not so much on the nail.  That said, she's still gorgeous!  I've been wearing her on my toes under a coat of Orly's Mermaid Tale from the FX Collection.  Her formula is really nice.  Still a bit of brushstroke visible but that's okay.  Also, she does stain my nails slightly, so double up on your base coat.  I'm wearing two coats of DD here.

 sunlight

shade

While comparing her to my other greens, I noticed she looks a lot like OPI's Cuckoo for This Color.  In the bottle, they're almost dupes.  This is two coats of the CG on my index and ring fingers and three coats of the OPI on my middle finger and pinky.  They are pretty similar, but the OPI is a deeper green and not nearly as bright as the CG.  I'm glad I have both!

 sunlight

shade 


The final verdict?  Gorgeous!  I'll definitely be going back for their sisters Unpredictable and No Plain Jane.

The China Glaze New Bohemian Collection came out last month.  I've seen it at Ulta, Sally's, Cosmoprof, and tons of etailers like Transdesign.

Happy Thursday! xoxo Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment