Monday, October 1, 2012

This Is Halloween Nail Art Challenge Day 1: Horror Movie!

Hello ladies!!!!  It's October, the beginning of the three best months of the year!!!!  I loooove October: pumpkin spice lattes, uggs, drapey sweaters, scarves, turning leaves, cool crisp breezes.  Unfortunately, here in the fish bowl that is the central California valley, the weather is still in the 90's.  On the upside, you don't need cool weather to enjoy the number one best thing that October has to offer: SCARY SPOOKY HALLOWEEN STUFF!  To show my October appreciation, I have decided to take part in the "This Is Halloween" Nail Art Challenge!


Day One of the challenge is Horror Movies.  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  They're only like my favorite kind of movie EVER.  I had a really tough time deciding on one until I remembered Dario Argento's masterpiece "Suspiria".  Dario is a genius just for his visual direction alone.  This movie is just completely visually unsettling and disturbing.  It's considered a B movie by some just because of its age (it was released in 1977), but it is one of my all-time favorite scary movies.  It's about an American ballerina who is accepted at a ballet academy overseas (I think it's England or Germany) where the students keep dying violent deaths.  I don't want to ruin it for you if you decide to see it, but it is sooooo awesome.

Anyway, with so many beautiful visual moments in the movie, I couldn't decide which one to recreate until I remembered the dvd cover.


Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to work on this mani, so it's pretty much a fail lol.  The one element I am happy about is the movie title on my thumbnail.  I don't even want to talk about the toe shoes.




Base: two coats of China Glaze Liquid Leather
Ballerina legs: OPI Skull and Glossbones
Toe shoes and blood: China Glaze Adventure Red-y
Title: Sinful Colors Nail Art in white (no label)

This is going to be so fun!!!

Happy Monday! xoxo Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment